Source: Scutellaria baicalensis root
Detection method: HPLC
Shipping speed:1-3 days
Certificates:HACCP, HALAL, KOSHER, ISO9001, ISO22000, FDA
Sales group:not for individual customers
- Fast Delievery
- Quality Assurance
- 24/7 Customer Service
What is baicalin?
Baicalin powder is a flavonoid compound extracted from the root of Scutellaria baicalensis. It is a light yellow powder at room temperature and has a bitter taste. Insoluble in methanol, ethanol, acetone, slightly soluble in chloroform and nitrobenzene, almost insoluble in water, soluble in hot acetic acid. It appears green when exposed to ferric chloride, and produces an orange precipitate when exposed to lead acetate. When dissolved in alkali and ammonia, it initially appears yellow, and soon turns to dark brown. It has significant biological activity and has antibacterial, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, cholesterol-lowering, anti-thrombosis, asthma relief, purging fire and detoxification, hemostasis, anti-tocolysis, anti-allergic and antispasmodic effects. It is also a member of the mammalian liver salivary enzyme A specific inhibitor that can regulate certain diseases. It is mainly used to treat damp-heat, chest tightness and vomiting in summer-heat, damp-heat fullness, diarrhea and jaundice, lung-heat cough, high fever and polydipsia, blood-heat vomiting, carbuncle and sore, and fetal dysphoria. In addition, baicalin can also absorb ultraviolet rays, scavenge oxygen free radicals and inhibit the production of melanin. It is a good functional cosmetic raw material.
What are the benefits?
1. Anti-pathogen effect: Baicalin Powder has a wide antibacterial range and has a strong effect on Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Sun Dongmei and others have passed antibacterial tests on drug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in vitro and on drug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in vivo. Protective effect of staphylococcal infection in mice and observe the antibacterial effect of baicalin. The minimum inhibitory concentrations of baicalin and compound sulfamethoxazole (SMZ-TMP) against drug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus are 2 mg/ml and 0.45 mg/ml respectively. In vivo experiments show that baicalin (100 mg/kg) can reduce The mortality rate of mice infected with drug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus indicates that baicalin has an antibacterial effect on drug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
2. Protective effect on liver injury: Use CCl4 and D-galactose to make a mouse acute liver injury model, and use colorimetric analysis to measure the activities of mouse serum aspartate aminotransferase and alanine aminotransferase; measure mouse serum Superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase activity and malondialdehyde content. Results Baicalin can significantly reduce the increase in serum aspartate aminotransferase (AST) and alanine aminotransferase (ALT) in mice with acute liver injury caused by CCl4 and D-galactose; The activities of oxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px) are significantly increased, and the content of malondialdehyde (MDA) is reduced. The results showed that baicalin had a protective effect on acute liver injury in mice induced by CCl4 and D-galactose. In the experiment, SOD and GSH-Px in the administration group were significantly higher than those in the model group, while MDA content was significantly lower, indicating that the hepatoprotective mechanism of baicalin is closely related to its resistance to free radical lipid peroxidation.
3. Improvement of diabetic nephropathy: Diabetic nephropathy (DN) is one of the most common microvascular complications of diabetes mellitus (DM), and research on its pathogenesis has always been a hot topic in the field of diabetes at home and abroad. Hyperglycemia is the initiating factor that causes diabetic nephropathy, and through a series of processes in the body, it can cause oxidative stress and inflammatory reactions inside the body, leading to the activation of the local cytokine network in the kidney and leading to DN. During the entire process, the renin-angiotensin system plays an important role, among which angiotensin II (Ang II) is the most active factor in this system and is most closely related to DN. After baicalin treatment, AngII was significantly restored, which is the target of baicalin's protection of renal function in DN rats. That is, baicalin treats or protects DN by reducing the activity of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) under hyperglycemia. Renal function in rats. In addition, baicalin can also restore kidney function by reducing blood pressure and intraglomerular pressure, improving blood internal environment and circulatory function after reducing AngII.
4. Repair and protective effect on brain injury: Hu Xiumei used the suture method to establish a model of focal cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury caused by middle cerebral artery occlusion in rats, and observed the effects of baicalin on behavioral scores and cerebral infarction in rats with cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. rate, brain water content, and the effects of brain tissue NO, NOS, MDA, and SOD. It was found that baicalin can significantly improve the behavioral disorders caused by cerebral ischemia-reperfusion in rats, reduce the infarction rate, reduce the water content of brain tissue, and significantly reduce the content of NO and the activity of NOS in the brain tissue, thereby reducing the neurological effects of NO. Cytotoxicity. At the same time, baicalin can reduce the content of MDA in the brain tissue of ischemia-reperfusion rats and increase the activity of SOD, thereby inhibiting lipid peroxidation caused by free radicals and reducing the damage of free radicals to brain tissue. Baicalin has a significant protective effect on cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats, which may be related to its antioxidant effect in the early stage of cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. At the same time, baicalin has protective and repairing effects on learning and memory function impairment in cerebral ischemia-reperfusion model mice.
5. Impact on retinopathy: Song Haogang et al. established an animal model of inflammatory retinal edema, used optical coherence tomography (OCT) to continuously observe changes in the thickness of inflammatory retinal edema, and compared it with the results of retinal morphology observation and retinal thickness measurement. In comparison, the effect of baicalin in inhibiting retinal inflammatory edema was quantified from imaging and histology, and the effects of different concentrations of the drug were evaluated. Baicalin has a significant inhibitory effect on retinal extracellular inflammatory edema and is no less effective than topical corticosteroids.
6. Anti-allergic reaction: The reaction structure of baicalin is the same as that of the desensitizing drug cromoglycate disodium, so the anti-allergic effect is also similar.
Antioxidant capacity mechanism
Baicalin is an effective antioxidant that can significantly prevent oxidation reactions caused by oxygen free radicals such as superoxide anions and catalase. The main mechanism of its antioxidant effect is:
① Structure determines function. The chemical structure of baicalin contains multiple phenolic hydroxyl groups (see Figure 1). The phenolic hydroxyl groups react with free radicals to generate relatively stable semiquinone free radicals, thereby terminating the free radical chain reaction and preventing vicious cycle reactions. occur;
② Baicalin can down-regulate the expression of kelch-like ECH-associated protein 1 (Keap1) and ubiquitin linkase protein (cullin E3, cul3), increase the expression of autophagy protein (protein 62, p62), and activate the Nrf2 antioxidant signaling pathway. It then affects the transcription of antioxidant protein reaction components and regulates superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT), heme oxygenase 1 (HO-1), and glutathione (GSH) in the body. and the expression of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) to remove excess free radicals in cells and protect cells from damage under hypoxia/reoxygenation conditions Purpose. In short, baicalin can not only scavenge free radicals in the chain initiation stage in the antioxidant reaction, but also directly capture free radicals in the free radical reaction chain, block the free radical reaction, and play a double-layer role in prevention and chain scission.
Antimicrobial mechanism of action
Baicalin exerts antimicrobial effects in multiple aspects, including activating the immune system, preventing the formation of biofilm, reducing inflammatory responses, destroying the structure of harmful bacteria, inhibiting bacterial enzymes, reducing bacterial endotoxins, and reducing drug resistance.
Current research shows that baicalin has inhibitory effects on both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. For example, in bovine mastitis caused by E. coli, baicalin attaches to the E. coli cell wall, reducing the stability of the bacteria and increasing the permeability of the cell wall, ultimately leading to bacterial death.
Baicalin powder is a flavonoid compound extracted and isolated from Scutellaria baicalensis root. It has significant biological activity and has antibacterial, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and antispasmodic effects. It has occupied an important position in clinical medicine. Baicalin can also absorb ultraviolet rays, scavenge oxygen free radicals, and inhibit the production of melanin. Therefore, it can be used in both medicine and cosmetics. It is a good raw material for functional beauty cosmetics.
Yuantai Organic Bio is committed to providing customers with the highest-quality bulk Baicalin Powder and services so that every consumer can enjoy natural, healthy, and high-quality food. If you have any inquiries or needs about our products, please feel free to contact us, and we will reply to you as soon as possible.