Papain Powder Bulk
Shipping speed:1-3 days
Certificates:HACCP, HALAL, KOSHER, ISO9001, ISO22000, FDA
Sales group:not for individual customers
- Fast Delievery
- Quality Assurance
- 24/7 Customer Service
What is papain?
Papain powder bulk is a sulfide-containing (-SH) endopeptidase with protease and esterase activities, broad specificity, and strong hydrolysis of animal and plant proteins, polypeptides, esters, amides, etc. At the same time, it also has the ability to synthesize protein hydrolysates into protein-like substances. Soluble in water and glycerin, the aqueous solution is colorless or light yellow, sometimes milky white; almost insoluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, chloroform and ether. The most suitable pH value is 5.7 (generally 3 to 9.5 is acceptable), and it is also effective in neutral or acidic conditions. The isoelectric point is 18.75; the most suitable temperature is 55 to 60°C (generally 10 to 85°C is acceptable), heat resistance It is strong and will not be completely deactivated at 90°C; it is inhibited by oxidants and activated by reducing substances. Enzyme that is dried without clarification is crude enzyme.
Is a proteolytic enzyme. Papain is a low-specificity proteolytic enzyme contained in Carieapaya. It is widely present in the roots, stems, leaves and fruits of Carieapaya, and is most abundant in immature milk. The active center of papain contains cysteine and is a thiol protease. It has the characteristics of high enzyme activity, good thermal stability, natural hygiene and safety, so it is widely used in food, medicine, feed, daily chemicals, leather and textile industries. application.
Papain is a protease that can decompose proteins in acidic, neutral, and alkaline environments. Its appearance is white to light yellow powder, slightly hygroscopic; papain is soluble in water and glycerin, and the aqueous solution is colorless or light yellow, sometimes milky white; it is almost insoluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, chloroform, and ether. Papain is a sulfhydryl (-SH)-containing endopeptidase with protease and esterase activities, broad specificity, and strong hydrolysis ability for animal and plant proteins, polypeptides, esters, amides, etc. But it can hardly break down peptone.
The most suitable pH value of papain is 6 to 7 (generally 3 to 9.5 is acceptable), and it also works in neutral or acidic conditions. The isoelectric point (pI) is 8.75; the most suitable temperature of papain is 55 to 65°C ( Generally, it can be anywhere from 10 to 85℃), it has strong heat resistance and will not be completely deactivated at 90℃; it is inhibited by oxidants and activated by reducing substances.
What are the benefits?
1. papain powder bulk is a useful digestive enzyme that can help the stomach better break down protein and promote nutrient absorption. For example, it is helpful for people with indigestion.
2. It can dissolve fat and soften skin. Additionally, it helps remove dead cells and keeps skin healthy. This is why this enzyme is widely used in beauty products.
3. It has anti-inflammatory effects, can soothe the stomach and reduce edema. The anti-inflammatory properties of papain can also treat burns and cold sores.
4. Papain can effectively treat gastric ulcers and dissolve diphtheria films.
5. Its uses also include treating swelling and abrasions and suppressing swelling and fever after surgery.
6. It can alleviate different food allergies, especially the problems caused by indigestion of food proteins.
7. The amino acids in papain can help reduce the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome by preventing acid reflux.
8. Patients with lower back pain, sprains and strains can incorporate papain into their diet to relieve discomfort. Additionally, it reduces throat swelling and sinus pain.
9. Studies have found that papain is also a good immune stimulant and helps strengthen the immune system.
10. Because it is a proteolytic enzyme, papain can also help deal with intestinal parasites. In addition, it has the effect of breaking down food proteins.
Using a multi-center, randomized, self-controlled clinical trial method, 110 patients with acne vulgaris were graded and given papain-containing skin care products twice a day for one month. As a result, after 28 days of using skin care products, the skin lesions were significantly improved (P<0.05).
Papain inhibits the expression of fibrinogen receptors on activated platelet membranes and inhibits actin polymerization and release reactions, thus inhibiting platelet aggregation in a dose-dependent manner and has anti-thrombotic effects.
(1) In meat processing, the important role of protease is to tenderize meat, and the main components of meat tenderizer are protease and salt. Among them, the most used protease preparation is papain.
(2) In baked food processing, adding an appropriate amount of protease can change the properties of gluten, obtain dough with moderate viscosity, and shorten the dough preparation time. Because the elasticity of the dough is reduced, the mesh of the gluten becomes finer and the membrane of the gluten becomes thinner during fermentation, and the processed bread is tight, even and soft to the touch. In addition, during the bread grilling process, protease inactivation basically does not play a role.
(3) In the brewing industry, beer often produces turbidity during storage. The reasons for turbidity are microbial contamination and chemical reactions in beer at low temperatures. The turbid substances produced by chemical reactions are mainly proteins and polyphenolic compounds. One way to reduce the haze in beer is to add proteases to remove proteins from the beer. Generally, protease is added before pasteurization, and papain is commonly used. Since the protease preparation has high heat resistance, the enzyme activity may still remain after the beer is pasteurized. When the yeast is filtered to remove the protease activity, there is no protease activity in the beer.
(4) In tea beverages, some scholars have shown that papain can decompose soluble proteins in tea leaves, increase the amino nitrogen content, enhance the umami taste of tea juice, and significantly improve the flavor of tea juice.
Yuantai Organic Bio is committed to providing customers with the highest-quality papain powder bulk and services so that every consumer can enjoy natural, healthy, and high-quality food. If you have any inquiries or needs about our products, please feel free to contact us, and we will reply to you as soon as possible.