Tea Saponin Powder
Source: Tea seeds
Specifications: 70%, 98%
Detection method: HPLC
Shipping speed:1-3 days
Certificates:HACCP, HALAL, KOSHER, ISO9001, ISO22000, FDA
Sales group:not for individual customers
- Fast Delievery
- Quality Assurance
- 24/7 Customer Service
What is tea saponin?
Tea saponin powder is a type of glycoside compound extracted from tea tree seeds (tea seeds, tea seeds). It is a natural surfactant with good performance. It can be widely used in light industry, chemical industry, pesticides, feed, and breeding. , textile, oil production, mining, building materials and highway construction and other fields.
Manufacture of emulsifiers, detergents, pesticide auxiliaries, feed additives, crab and shrimp breeding protection agents, textile auxiliaries, oil field foam agents, mining flotation agents, aerated concrete foam stabilizers and concrete admixtures - antifreeze, etc.
Tea saponin is known as "saponin" because of its aqueous solution and its ability to produce persistent, soap-like foam when shaken. Tea saponin is a type of glycoside compound with a complex structure. Tea saponin tastes bitter and pungent, is hygroscopic, is difficult to dissolve in cold water, has a slightly acidic pH value between 5.6-5.7, and has strong foaming power. Affected by water hardness, generally foamy tea soup has a relatively rich flavor.
Physical and chemical properties
Tea saponin is a triterpenoid saponin with a bitter and pungent smell that can irritate the nasal mucosa and cause sneezing. The pure product is white fine columnar crystals, highly hygroscopic, acidic to methyl red, insoluble in anhydrous methanol and ethanol, and insoluble in water. In organic solvents such as ether, acetone, benzene, petroleum ether, etc., it is easily soluble in aqueous methanol, aqueous ethanol, glacial acetic acid, acetic anhydride, pyridine, etc. Add hydrochloric acid to the tea saponin solution. When it becomes acidic, the saponin will precipitate. Melting point: 224℃.
What are the benefits?
1. Anti-inflammation and anti-allergy
Tea saponin powder has obvious anti-leakage and anti-inflammatory characteristics. In the early stages of inflammation, it can normalize capillary permeability and is effective in bronchospasm and edema caused by allergies. Its effect is similar to that of various anti-inflammatory drugs. rival. It can be used to regulate blood sugar, lower cholesterol, prevent cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, and has the effects of resolving phlegm and relieving cough.
2. Antibacterial and antiviral
It is not only a good surfactant, but also has strong antibacterial activity, especially inhibiting a variety of fungi and Escherichia coli that cause skin diseases. It has inhibitory effects on influenza A and B viruses, herpes viruses, measles viruses, and HIV viruses.
3. Lose weight
It also has the dual functions of resisting gastric emptying and promoting gastric operation, and has a miraculous effect in restoring the autonomous working ability of the gastrointestinal tract. Tea saponin blocks the activity of pancreatic lipase and reduces the intestinal absorption of fat in food, thus having a weight loss effect.
4. Inhibit alcohol absorption
Tea saponin can inhibit the absorption of alcohol by the intestines and liver, promote the excretion of alcohol in the body, and has a protective effect on the liver. In an experimental test using mice, the researchers gave the mice alcohol one hour after taking tea saponin. They found that the alcohol content in the blood and liver of the mice was reduced, and the alcohol in the blood disappeared in a short period of time. . Tea saponin not only inhibits alcohol absorption, but also promotes hormone secretion in the body, regulates blood sugar levels, lowers cholesterol levels, and lowers blood pressure.
Function and use
1. Tea saponin has a destructive effect on animal red blood cells and causes hemolysis. Its activity is measured by the hemolysis index, which is the maximum dilution factor that causes hemolysis. The hemolytic activity of tea saponin is lower than that of sasanqua saponin, but it is equivalent to tea saponin and camellia saponin. The hemolysis index of sasanqua saponin is 1,000,000, and the hemolysis index of tea saponin, tea leaf saponin and camellia saponin is all 100,000. Tea saponin only causes hemolysis on red blood cells (including nucleated fish blood, chicken blood and non-nucleated human blood), but has no effect on white blood cells. Therefore, tea saponin has toxic effects on fish but not on shrimps. The hemolytic mechanism is believed to be caused by tea saponin causing changes in the permeability of cholesterol-containing cell membranes, initially destroying the cell membrane, leading to extravasation of the cytoplasm, and ultimately the disintegration of the entire red blood cell. The premise for the solubility effect to occur is that tea saponin must be in contact with blood, so it is non-toxic when taken orally by humans and animals.
2. A sugar compound extracted from the seeds of Camellia plants. It belongs to the saponin class and is a natural non-ionic surfactant. After testing, tea saponin has good emulsification, dispersion, foaming, moistening and other functions, and has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-penetration and other pharmacological effects. Tea saponin products are light yellow fine powders and are widely used in washing, wool spinning, knitting, medicine, and daily chemical industries. It can be used as a wetting agent and suspending agent in solid pesticides, as a synergist and spreading agent in emulsifiable concentrate pesticides, and can also be directly used as a biological pesticide.
3. As a pesticide wetting agent, tea saponin powder can improve the wetting performance and suspension rate (≥75%) of wettable powders. As a natural non-ionic surfactant, it can be added to pesticides to significantly improve the pesticide liquid. The physical and chemical properties of pesticides can increase the effective concentration of pesticides on the target, which will help the pesticides to fully exert their efficacy. Therefore, the use effect can be improved. As a pesticide wetting agent, its outstanding advantages are fast wetting speed, strong dispersion performance, pH 5.5-6.5, neutral to acidic, will not cause pesticide decomposition, and is beneficial to the storage of pesticides. These are incomparable to synthetic surfactants. Tea saponin has been widely used as wetting agent for pesticides such as paclobutrazol, isoprocarb, ethyl aluminum, tricyclazole, etc.
4. Tea saponin is an excellent additive for aqueous or soluble powder pesticides. It can improve the physical properties of pesticides, increase the adhesion of the liquid on the surface of organisms or plants, and play a synergistic effect on pesticides. Tea saponin can automatically degrade and is non-toxic. It will not affect the chemical properties of pesticides during the separation process, which is beneficial to the storage of pesticides. Tea saponin has been widely used in the herbicide glyphosate and insecticides, especially in glyphosate, which gives full play to the excellent properties of glyphosate and improves its adhesion and moisture absorption on plants. properties, improve the penetration of the medicinal solution, and due to the good biological activity of tea saponin, it can also improve the biological activity of glyphosate.
5. Due to its good biological activity, it can be mixed with insecticides, malathion, methomyl, stromethrin, nisolant, tetracycline, nicotine, dimethoate, and rotenone to control vegetable aphids. , diamondback moth, citrus panonychus, etc., which have obvious synergistic effects.
6. It has a certain stomach poison and strong repellent effect on cabbage caterpillar, and the higher the concentration, the stronger the repellent effect, and it has a certain effect on preventing and controlling cabbage caterpillar damage to cabbage. Used as insecticide on garden flowers to control underground pests such as cutworms, nematodes and other pests. It also has a good poisoning effect on apple snails, snails, oncomelania, etc. that harm rice.
Tea saponin supplier
Yuantai Organic Bio is committed to providing customers with the highest-quality bulk tea saponin powder and services so that every consumer can enjoy natural, healthy, and high-quality food. If you have any inquiries or needs about our products, please feel free to contact us, and we will reply to you as soon as possible.