The Influence Of Adding Organic Ginkgo Leaf Extract To Medicine
The main active components of organic ginkgo biloba extract are flavonoids and ginkgolide. The extract has the effect of promoting blood circulation, removing blood stasis and unblocking collaterals. It is used in many drugs for cardiovascular diseases. It has magical curative effect on treating coronary heart disease, angina pectoris, cerebral arteriosclerosis, senile dementia, hypertension and other diseases.
Pharmacological effects of organic Ginkgo biloba extract
1. All parts of ginkgo, especially ginkgolic acid, can inhibit the growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and have different inhibitory effects on a variety of bacteria and skin fungi in vitro. Overeating ginkgo can cause poisoning, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea, fever, cyanosis and coma, convulsions, severe people can breathe paralysis and death.
2. It can inhibit the growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and has different degrees of inhibition on a variety of Gram-negative and positive bacteria and skin fungi. Expectorant and weakly relaxes bronchial smooth muscle. It has anti-aging effect, and ginkgo biloba has anti-allergy effect.
Clinical effect of Organic Ginkgo biloba extract
The pharmacological effects of organic ginkgo biloba extract cover a wide range of areas. The clinical effects of ginkgo biloba extract are mainly manifested in hypertension, hyperlipidemia, cor pulmonale, coronary heart disease, angina pectoris, cerebrovascular diseases and eye vascular diseases.
1. Treat high blood pressure
Due to elevated blood pressure and insufficient vascular perfusion in hypertensive patients, large amounts of superoxide anion free radicals are produced in the body's tissue ischemia, resulting in lipid peroxidation damage and the increase of MDA content. This pathological process is closely related to the occurrence of hypertension.In the process of ginkgo biloba extract in the treatment of high blood pressure, can be directly capture and remove etc on superoxide anion free radicals and hydrogen peroxide, prevent and inhibit free radicals and lipid peroxidation reaction pathological, inhibition of lipid peroxide (LPO) and its metabolite such as MDA and conjugated diene side material generated, is blood pressure returned to normal.
2. Treatment of hyperlipidemia
Ginkgo biloba extract has a therapeutic effect on hyperlipidemia, can significantly reduce the level of blood lipid, reduce the incidence of coronary heart disease in the elderly. WitteS et al. found that taking ginkgo biloba extract 761240mg/d for 12 weeks could significantly improve the fibrinogen and blood characteristics of patients with coronary heart disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and diabetes, and the treatment could reduce the long-term effects of cardiovascular risk factors.
3. Treatment of pulmonary heart disease
The platelet aggregation function (PAG) in patients with COR pulmonale increased at each time, the slope increased, the depolymerization rate decreased, and the erythrocyte secondary increased, the compliance decreased, the blood viscosity increased, and the blood was in a hypercoagulable state.The increase of PAF is an important reason for the increase of PAG, and the blood PAF in patients with cor pulmonale and bronchial asthma is significantly increased. The inhibitory effect of Ginkgo biloba extract on PAF can reduce platelet aggregation, blood viscosity, pulmonary arteriolar thrombosis and PAG in patients with cor pulmonale. At the same time, it can antagonize the contractile response of lung tissue to histamine and PAF, and improve lung function, so it plays an important role in the treatment of cor pulmonale.
4. Treat coronary heart disease angina pectoris
Ginkgo biloba extract can significantly improve the treatment of coronary heart disease angina pectoris, improve cardiac blood flow, protect the function of ischemic myocardium, reduce cholesterol, triglyceride, increase high-density lipoprotein, significantly improve the clinical symptoms of patients with coronary heart disease, and is of great significance for the prevention of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
5. Treatment of cerebrovascular diseases
Through the clinical application of Ginkgo biloba extract preparation, it is found that it can improve cell blood circulation and activate cell metabolism, so it has a significant effect on Alzheimer's disease, sequelae of brain injury, cerebral thrombosis and other diseases. Another study reported that patients with alzheimer's disease, vascular dementia with multiple cerebral infarction, and mixed dementia, graded by geriatric examination, improved significantly after 6 months of administration of ginkgo biloba extarct in terms of the incidence of dependency or need for care, memory and attention, and clinical general impression grades.
6. Treatment of eye vascular disease
Glaucoma is a chronic and progressive optic neuropathy. The main pathophysiological feature of glaucoma is the chronic and progressive loss of retinal nodal cells. Optic neuroprotection is appropriate for diseases with slow cell loss. The following conditions should be met:
(1) animal experiments have confirmed that the drug has the protective effect on optic nerve;
(2) molecular biology has confirmed its mechanism of action;
(3) the drug Z-10 reaches the target cells;
(4) It has been confirmed by multicenter clinical controlled experiments.
Ginkgo biloba extract has all the above conditions and can be used in glaucoma treatment. Ginkgo biloba extract has obvious effect on diabetic retinopathy and proliferative retinopathy.