Other Name: Ergosterol
Molecular formula: C28H44O
Molecular weight: 396.66
EINECS No.: 200-352-7
Appearance: White to off-white crystalline powder
Storage conditions: This product should be sealed and shaded, stored in a dry
Shipping speed:1-3 days
- Fast Delievery
- Quality Assurance
- 24/7 Customer Service
What is Ergosterol Powder?
Ergosterol powder is white to off-white crystalline powder. It is the precursor of vitamin D2 and can be converted into vitamin D2 after ultraviolet irradiation. Vitamin D2 can prevent and treat rickets in infants and children, and promote the absorption of calcium and phosphorus by pregnant women and the elderly. As an important component of the fungal cell membrane, it has a stable structure and strong specificity. The determination of biomass is more representative than that of glucosamine, so the biomass of fungi can be determined by detecting the content of ergosterol. It is also a very important raw material for the production of cortisone and progesterone.
What does ergosterol do?
1. Anti-inflammatory effect
Inflammation is the body's automatic defensive response to stimuli caused by infection or non-infection and is characterized by redness, swelling, heat, and dysfunction.
2. Lipid-lowering effect
The regulation of blood lipid content is controlled by the human body itself, but when blood lipids are too high, it will affect human health, especially related to cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, such as atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, cerebral thrombosis, etc. Therefore, it is necessary to maintain blood lipid content. Dynamic balance is of great significance in preventing related diseases.
3. Anti-cancer effect
In addition to polysaccharides, ergosterol in edible fungi also has anti-cancer effects, mainly by inhibiting the growth of blood vessels, activating tumor suppressor genes, reducing the expression of certain proteins in tumor tissues, and killing tumor cells with cytotoxicity.
4. Immunomodulatory activity
When the body is invaded by foreign bacteria, viruses, etc., the immune system will respond accordingly to maintain the stability of the body's internal environment.
5. Antibacterial activity
Less research has been conducted on whether ergosterol has bacteriostatic activity, but ergosterol peroxide has been shown to be directly bacteriostatic.
What are the applications of ergosterol?
1) Ergosterol powder provitamin D2 is an important component of microbial cell membranes and plays an important role in ensuring cell viability, membrane fluidity, membrane-bound enzyme activity, membrane integrity, and cellular material transport.
2) The yeast cell membrane has good fluidity and high freezing resistance.
3) The most commonly used antifungal drugs are inhibitors designed for key enzymes necessary for ergosterol biosynthesis. They inhibit the synthesis of key enzymes by competitively binding with key enzymes and destroy the fungal cell membrane, thereby inhibiting the growth and development of fungi. Breed.
4) Ergosterol can enhance the body's ability to resist disease, is an important source of fat-soluble vitamin D2, and has obvious antibacterial and anti-tumor effects . The converted vitamin D2 can be added to feed as a feed additive to improve egg production and hatchability of livestock and poultry.
5) It can also be used as an important pharmaceutical chemical raw material for the production of sterol drugs such as "cortisone" and "hormone progesterone"
Ergosterol Provitamin D2
white to off-white crystalline powder
Test report about Ergosterol
Physical & Chemical
White needle or white crystalline powder
White crystalline powder
Taste & Odor
95% pass 80mesh
Total Heavy Metal
Total plate count
Mold and Yeast
YTBIO is committed to providing customers with the highest-quality Pure Ergosterol powder bulk and services so that every consumer can enjoy natural, healthy, and high-quality food. If you have any inquiries or needs about our products, please feel free to contact us, and we will reply to you as soon as possible.